Can anybody tell me the root password the reason I ask is that now I have finally started KDE I can not make any changes to my system set up as I am asked for roots password.Can anybody help please?
Newbie![]()
D.Templer
Can anybody tell me the root password the reason I ask is that now I have finally started KDE I can not make any changes to my system set up as I am asked for roots password.Can anybody help please?
Newbie![]()
D.Templer
David,
I'm assumming that you're booting from the cd, in the start menu under KNOPPIX, you should see root shell, use a text editor(such as vi) to make changes. If you try using vi, I suggest looking at the man pages if you haven't used it before.
Hope that help's
Dave S.
There is no password (yet). Look at this topic: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=364#1313 or use Search.![]()
goba
Open a console sudo passwd to set a root password.Originally Posted by DavidTempler
[Open a console sudo passwd to set a root password.[/quote]
Thank you for your help now how to get my sound card working!!!!!
D.Templer
sudo sndconfig if that does not work what type of card do you have.Originally Posted by DavidTempler

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
HP ENVY 16 / 16" 120 hz / i9-13900H / 1TB Storage / RTX 4060
$920.00
AYANEO AM01 AMD Ryzen 7 5800U Gaming Mini PC Retro Classic DP DDR4 32GB 1Tb
$400.00