-
Root password
Can anybody tell me the root password the reason I ask is that now I have finally started KDE I can not make any changes to my system set up as I am asked for roots password.Can anybody help please?
Newbie
D.Templer
-
David,
I'm assumming that you're booting from the cd, in the start menu under KNOPPIX, you should see root shell, use a text editor(such as vi) to make changes. If you try using vi, I suggest looking at the man pages if you haven't used it before.
Hope that help's
Dave S.
-
Junior Member
registered user
There is no password (yet). Look at this topic: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=364#1313 or use Search.
goba
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Root password

Originally Posted by
DavidTempler
Can anybody tell me the root password the reason I ask is that now I have finally started KDE I can not make any changes to my system set up as I am asked for roots password.Can anybody help please?
Newbie
D.Templer
Open a console sudo passwd to set a root password.
-
Re: Root password
[Open a console sudo passwd to set a root password.[/quote]
Thank you for your help now how to get my sound card working!!!!!
D.Templer
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Root password

Originally Posted by
DavidTempler
Thank you for your help now how to get my sound card working!!!!!
D.Templer
sudo sndconfig if that does not work what type of card do you have.
Similar Threads
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 08-16-2013, 06:58 PM
-
By Syrus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 10:25 AM
-
By kornface13 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 02:14 PM
-
By CyberShadow in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-05-2004, 06:49 AM
-
By VBgod in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro
$240.00

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 4.7GHz Socket AM5 CPU 5600MHz 96MB L3
$355.00

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

Panasonic CF-20 Core M5-6Y57 8GB RAM 256GB, SSD,WIN 11,
$225.00