-

Originally Posted by
zoltanthegypsy
Intesting. I just did this too. Remastered KNOPPIX to shrink it a bit and added chntpw and captive-ntfs and my own KDE menus, boot splashes, and artwork and put it on a 1G fob booted w/grub. Pretty slick.
I haven't tried it on a system w/scsi drives, but I'm a little surprised it wouldn't boot for you. Did you still have the device.map file in /boot/grub? If so I wonder if that's what is confusing things.
I didn't use GRUB. For something standalone like a USB key, SYSLINUX seems like a better choice, since it doesn't require a device map at all. SYSLINUX is entirely self-contained and just "sees" the media it's booting off of, and no others. This is bad for a multibooting desktop machine, but very good for removable/rearrangeable things like USB keys, since there's no more problems with devices appearing in different places on various computers.
As far as remastering goes, I'm waiting until the official release of 5.0. Even though I have the DVD image already, I'm hoping they have a CD-sized image, so I can easily fit it into the USB key.
Similar Threads
-
By jengiscan in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-25-2008, 11:15 AM
-
By Joseph Schiller in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:44 PM
-
By hw.stadl0r in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 04:01 PM
-
By matt_w_lambert in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 10:20 PM
-
By ironstorm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-23-2002, 08:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$44.99

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ7LN250HMJP) dell Lenovo hp
$32.99