-
Greetings Denny,
I have been using my FD w/ Knoppix 4.0.2 for a while now. I mount the FD first, then go into winbblow$xp-pro ( which is what the rest of the office has) Occassionally I get a block error but usually the files are accessable. I have , so far, recovered several gig of data on three different drives. Having said that I do have to admit that the WD cavier drive is one I almost gave up on. I used two tools, A Lexar 1GB FD, A Sandisk 512MB to move the data to. I tried Knoppix 3.9 CD first and struck out. Unfortunately, it wasn't a straight transfer. I tried to move the files first - wrong move I lost one in the process. Then I used and old Maxtor 4GB ide drive with an external connection copied the data [ cp-r {path & file name } then the destination drive which had a fat32 fs. I was concerned about the copy from NTFS to Fat32 but I needen't have. It went fine. The move to the FD went smooth from there. Since I have not used Sony's memory stick but I suspect proprietary formatting, like Sony is so fond of, as your most likely problem. BTW, After their last fiasco there is no way I will ever use sony equiptment, programs or disks ever again. Good luck and I hope this helps. I have had fairly good luck with the lexar flash drives.
I Remain ~
In Service & In Health,
Captain Cautious
Similar Threads
-
By pdc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-19-2007, 02:43 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-28-2007, 07:57 AM
-
By gerasmus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-19-2006, 09:02 PM
-
By dennyk858 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-25-2006, 04:58 AM
-
By i2hhj in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00