Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem after remaster

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    32

    Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem after remaster

    Hello

    I have 2,5 GB iso file of my KNOPPIX. I remstered it (I remove some packages) and make KNOPPIX filesystem, iso later. That works, my KNOPPIX boot ok - no problems.

    But now I got a big problem.

    Here is all things I do:

    (1) I am going to chroot
    (2) I remove openoffice: apt-get remove --purge openoffice-de-en
    (2) I remove true fonts for openoffice: apt-get remove --purge ttf-openoffice
    (3) I install new openoffice: dpkg -i *.deb
    (4) I edit (in chroot) dictionary.lst and adding my language
    (5) I leve chroot and make a KNOPPIX filsystem (mkisofs), later iso.

    Before those 5 operations my iso is 2,5 GB (and it's booting ok with no errors).

    After those 5 operations my iso growns at about 200 MB (2.7 GB - full).

    After those 5 operations I can't boot my rematstered Knoppix: Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem?

    When I remove some packages it is ok, but when I add some packages and my iso is over 2.5 GB (orginal size) i got message error: Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem.

    I didn't burn the iso file, I test it with qemu and VMVARE software.

    I don't know what is wrong.

    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem after remaster

    Quote Originally Posted by maxmartin
    When I remove some packages it is ok, but when I add some packages and my iso is over 2.5 GB (orginal size) i got message error: Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem.
    The ISO file may be over 2 GB but NOT the KNOPPIX file! Please check that KNOPPIX is under 2048 MB because it is a maximum cloop image size.

    If your KNOPPIX file is too big you must split it to two files as in Knoppix DVD. The way how two cloop images are regocnized is declared in linuxrc (inside minirt.gz).

    I have not downloaded Knoppix DVD so I can't say how to remaster it. But I know that Fabian Franz's menu based scripts can't do that.


    -tapsa-

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    32
    Tanks for the advice tr.

Similar Threads

  1. Booting remaster from SATA disk -Can't find root filesystem!
    By whohelhee in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 03:12 PM
  2. Can't find Knoppix filesystem...
    By chiram in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 07:35 AM
  3. Knoppix 3.6 remaster - 2.6 kernel can't find filesystem?
    By PMT in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-03-2004, 04:02 AM
  4. Remaster w/DSL. boot fails - Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem
    By PigPen in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-18-2003, 04:54 AM
  5. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem
    By Ralph in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 12:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD picture

Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD

$200.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0

WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0" 128GB Black SM-X210

$139.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$119.99



RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+ picture

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+

$174.99



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



Genuine Samsung K406S Black Toner Cartridge - New and Sealed Box picture

Genuine Samsung K406S Black Toner Cartridge - New and Sealed Box

$35.99