Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How do I do an ISO boot with Knoppix 5?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3

    How do I do an ISO boot with Knoppix 5?

    I have been booting the Knoppix 4.0.2 iso from my hard drive with no problems. I followed the wiki guide on this site, and that's where I got the necessary files. I tried swapping the old ISO with the new Knoppix 5 and when I tried to boot it with Grub I get quite a lot of errors about missing the file modules.dep. It eventually boots to the desktop, but I have no mouse support. Do I have to wait for a new set of files that are needed to boot this new version? Or is there any way I can get this to work with what I have?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Re: How do I do an ISO boot with Knoppix 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCampo
    I have been booting the Knoppix 4.0.2 iso from my hard drive with no problems. I followed the wiki guide on this site, and that's where I got the necessary files. I tried swapping the old ISO with the new Knoppix 5 and when I tried to boot it with Grub I get quite a lot of errors about missing the file modules.dep. It eventually boots to the desktop, but I have no mouse support. Do I have to wait for a new set of files that are needed to boot this new version? Or is there any way I can get this to work with what I have?
    Thanks.
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=101293#101293

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3
    I tried using that file yesterday but it gave me a crap load of errors and it booted into a limited shell. I'll look at my configurations again, maybe I just messed something up.

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCampo
    I tried using that file yesterday but it gave me a crap load of errors and it booted into a limited shell. I'll look at my configurations again, maybe I just messed something up.
    Please check that you use the kernel 2.6.15 ("linux" file 1'607'265 bytes long)
    which is included in the Knoppix 5.0 iso /boot/isolinux directory.
    Cheers, Gilles
    PS: I have now included in my previous link a zip file with the kernel and a menu.lst sample.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for the files, I got it working now

Similar Threads

  1. Boot loader problem with XP Pro/Knoppix Dual boot
    By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
  2. Knoppix/Win2K Dual Boot using boot.ini
    By doesnotcompute in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
  3. installed kanotix to hdb, lost boot option to boot knoppix
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
  4. using knoppix on multi-boot CD's (boot scriptor)
    By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
  5. Remastering Error: Can't Find Boot Image KNOPPIX/boot.img
    By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower picture

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower

$16.99



Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER  picture

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER

$39.99



Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu... picture

Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...

$149.15



Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard picture

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard

$17.99



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99