you will have to modify the bootup sequence to use LOOPBACK instead of CLOOP. And when making the compressed iso file, you would leave out the make_compressed_fs part.
Dear all,
I am customizing Knoppix and have reduced the file size to 640MB. Now I want to burn the CD without using the compression technique. Mainly because, I have a PI machine w/32MB RAM which takes a long time to start the WM.
Can anyone can tell me what command should I use so as not to use the Knoppix compression technique for CD?
Thanks.
-Regards Anurag
you will have to modify the bootup sequence to use LOOPBACK instead of CLOOP. And when making the compressed iso file, you would leave out the make_compressed_fs part.
Hello,
Can you be a bit more verbose wrt cloop and loopback part? How exactly can I change the boot sequence?
I have searched the forum but have not been able to learn more.
About not using the compression, I hope you meant the command, create_compressed_fs and not make_compressed_fs .
Awaiting reply.
-Regards Anurag
No, there will not be much info here. AFAIK, no-one has made a non-comressed knoppix, so you're on you're own with that one. And yes, i meant create_compressed_fs.
As for changing the boot sequence, you'll have to change the scripts in miniroot ( inside boot img ) to mount your knoppix iso with loopback not cloop.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99
Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$349.95