-
Using remaster scripts: my KDE comes back in German
Please excuse a silly question from a brain-tired newbie.
Following the scripts method of remastering, which goes very smoothly so far (Thanks!!! I was worried before) when I get to launch the KDE environment so I can synaptic my files, KDE comes out in German. How do I change the startx command so that it comes in English?
TIA
Richard
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Using remaster scripts: my KDE comes back in German

Originally Posted by
ginestre
Following the scripts method of remastering, which goes very smoothly so far (Thanks!!! I was worried before) when I get to launch the KDE environment so I can synaptic my files, KDE comes out in German. How do I change the startx command so that it comes in English?
English KDE package is default if you remove all other language packages (apt-get --purge remove kde-i18n*).
If you have different language packages installed the one that is used is according to the language selection in isolinux.cfg file. If you have downloaded german Knoppix lang=de is default. You get in in english by lang=us.
-tapsa-
Similar Threads
-
By UnderScore in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 102
Last Post: 10-19-2007, 02:04 PM
-
By toyito in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-01-2006, 02:27 AM
-
By rash in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-20-2006, 05:31 PM
-
By acer0001 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-25-2005, 05:38 PM
-
By jensen in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 10:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99