Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: [Help] [Can I Have It?] (Term) On Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3

    [Help] [Can I Have It?] (Term) On Knoppix

    Allright, I am a computer tech (on M$ Wincrash) and I used to be a small fan of Linux and I used to have it at home, so I kinda remember some stuff.
    Recently I have decided to use Knoppix on work LAN to make a good use of older computers, I can boot it fine in INIT3 coz its too old for graphix.

    My question Is: How do I change the TERM i start with. Normal Term Name is (LINUX) when you boot from the cd.
    Work server is SCO Openserver Release 5, and TERM is ANSI, so how do I change my CD bootable Linux Box into a ANSI Term.

    Thanks In advance. (please be explicit)

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3

    Add This

    I was talking about TELNET... Unless it was understood. ^^

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    before you do this:
    telnet hostname-of-SCO-Openserver-Release-5

    do this:
    export TERM=ansi

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3

    Thanks

    Well, that worked perfectly, now another question if I may ask. How do I change the type (font) settings, and for the Fkeys and Backspace. Coz I do get in, but I need those keys to function correctly. Thank you.

Similar Threads

  1. Making Term. Sever work with Knoppix HD install?
    By sunburnt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 07:15 PM
  2. Term server Hdd?
    By Shredder958 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 12:58 AM
  3. saved myconfig, term. server won't start...SOLVED
    By sunburnt in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 05:33 AM
  4. term server err, maybe a vmware issue?
    By jimmydean in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 08:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series picture

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series

$235.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00