-
Problem with NX
Hi,
My goal is to log into my desktop (which is booted into a variant of Knoppix 4.02, installed to the hard disk) from my laptop (Windows) using NX.
I can do so just fine if my laptop is inside my apartment (one IP address away from the desktop's) but the login fails with a timeout when the laptop is at my office. But I can log into other NX servers from my laptop when at the office.
I have tried removing the symlinks to hosts.allow and hosts.deny and restarting inetd on the desktop as per the wiki (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/FTP_FAQ) but that did not fix the problem. Also, I have tried with the Knoppix Firewall on but with the ports configured and with the Knoppix Firewall off. And, I have restarted the NX server on the desktop.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ben
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Datto S3E12000 RACK SERVER 2U 2x Xeon E5-2670 v3 2.30GHz 32GB RAM 2x PSU 14 BAY
$399.95

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08