-
Senior Member
registered user
M$ Purchases Evil for $2.7 Billion To Dominate Market
Microsoft Purchases Evil From Satan
By Brian Briggs
Redmond, WA - Microsoft purchased evil from Satan for $2.7 billion after many months of tough negotiations.
"We've been after Satan for some time," said CEO Steve Ballmer. "Negotiations were tough, but I think both Microsoft and the Prince of Darkness are happy with this deal."
Microsoft already controls 15% of the evil market, and with this purchase that number nears 100%. The Department of Justice voiced concerns over one corporation controlling so much evil, and launched investigations.
Click here for the rest of the story on BBspot:
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2000/4/MS_Buys_Evil.html
Hey, I'm just passing this along. 
sakiZ
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well I don't know if Microsoft is late in the evil market.....I think they have been in that market for quite a while....
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/06...osoft_disgust/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/06/13/ms_ban_freedom/
common knowledge I know, but I figured worthy of post.
-
Cute.
It depends on whether evil consists of knowlingly peddling an inferior product to customers *and* arranging for them to have very limited alternatives. That they know of, that is. As far as I can tell, the world simply hasn't caught on to Linux yet. It's still an underground product. I say, what Linux needs is for one of the commercial distributions, or some organization that supports them, to fund a large public marketing campaign. How could the world not want to at least try an operating system that usually is free?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Linux Underground :-)
<<How could the world not want to at least try an operating system that usually is free?>>
Really!! Hey it's software! If you don't like it, you can erase it. But then, once you try it, you can't go back.
I find it very interesting that M$ is gearing up a $500 Million ad campaign to convince computer users it needs Vista -- which has been delayed yet again!!!!
How good could it be if they have to spend that much money to convince us?
Someday Linux underground will be overground. It's catching fire in the third world and developing nations.
sakiZ
-
Senior Member
registered user
I love how Vista's coming in what are now nicknamed "ditsros". Meaning they have different ports. Imagine that. Microsoft doing something besides x86. Only, that something happens to be x86_64, which is nice, but I won't raise my eyebrows until I see some MIPS code out there.
Similar Threads
-
By chris-harry in forum The Lounge
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-11-2005, 07:01 AM
-
By Xemoka in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-13-2004, 09:39 AM
-
By edpi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 02:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00