-
Senior Member
registered user
User Permissions for Your USB Camera
I've seen this asked so many times and seen so many wrong answers in many different forums, I thought I'd share this little fstab entry. This will let you access the files in your USB-camera without having to go to root.
Assuming your camera device is seen as /sda1 and you have named your mount point as "Camera", then this is the line you want in your fstab:
/dev/sda1 /mnt/Camera auto rw,users 0 0
Modify the line as needed. That's it.
Enjoy.
sakiZ
-
Dude, that's just the beginning. I got this sweet book 'Linux Multimedia Hacks'. I have a boot loader on my desktop and I boot XP (which I hate religiously) for my pix and tunes. No more! That O'Reilly book finally gave me all I need to never EVER use Win***s again. I don't need it for anything!
Maybe as a virtual machine.
Maybe.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Way To Go! Sounds Like Windoze is Just About History For Yo
Here is another camera tip for those who already have set up a line in fstab for their camera as a mass-storage device.
Purchase a SanDisk ImageMate 5-in-1 card reader. It's $20.00 bucks. It will act as a drive for your camera's memory card.
You plug it's cable into your USB port. Insert your memory card. You can move photos off of it with no permissions issues in user mode. Just that simple.
It requires no drivers.
Just plug it in and go. I bought one to use with my new Kodak Z612 which uses SD memory cards.
Note: does not work with Smartmedia.
SakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By crazy_monkey108 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-19-2006, 09:23 AM
-
By sakiZ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-03-2006, 03:21 AM
-
By newiaqua in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 07:49 PM
-
By chachi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:29 AM
-
By wikes82 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

PNY Optima SSD Series 240GB SATA III 6 Gb/s Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$56.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$39.99