Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Deleting of the piece ..eehh.. ;)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    27

    Deleting of the piece ..eehh.. ;)

    Hello Everybody,

    I have a question: .... I have been installing modified knoppix at
    the office (I have delated emacs, tex and games and I added some
    software) Everythin is OK (KNOPPIX is super!) but all are thinking
    "what is it the user this knoppix in KDE menu?" They would like to have
    user by other name.
    I don't want to change name as it has no influence on work. (By the
    way knoppix is the right name in this case )). To avoid questions I would
    like to change "Logout knoppix" for "Logout" (and the next window "End
    Session for knoppix" for "End Session") Is there possibility to modify
    it? ..I just could change user name by 'usermod' but I would like
    rather to avoid it.

    PS: If in the cheatcodes is option lang=pl (polish) and I have set "pl" in
    /etc/init.d/knoppix-autocongig as default ([ -n "$LANGUAGE" ] || LANGUAGE="pl")
    - is it enough for loading Polish language? ( English is still loading)

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    You could try this it just changes the knoppix name at install to the one you select if you want different names you would have to use a dialog to get the names and create a couple of new variables for user name and the display name in the knx-hdinstall script.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    27

    ok ..but

    ..ok, thanks - but if I dont want install on HDD - I need only this changed
    user name on prepared custom CD ?
    -thanks for help ..

Similar Threads

  1. Deleting KDE ..
    By XX in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 12:37 AM
  2. Piece of cake...even for a newbie
    By msarullo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2003, 04:07 AM
  3. Deleting files on NTFS volume
    By frishert in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 11:11 AM
  4. deleting files
    By Dinant in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 08:55 AM
  5. installing and deleting SWAP on MSDOS
    By patrick in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2002, 01:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard

$95.99



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$305.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00