-
Macromedia Flash doesn't work properly.
I installed Knoppix 4.0.2 as a dual boot with Win XP. I've come across a problem with Macromedia Flash when browsing certain sites. The flash video comes across just fine, but the flash audio is just a series of beeps and screeches. I've tried installing and uninstalling from the repository using Kpackage and also downloading directly from the Macromedia web site and doing the install using Kosnsole and the ./flashplayer-installer command. The installs in both cases finish succesfully without errors, but with the same screechy sounding output when I try to access a site with flash. I even upgraded my Mozilla browser for Firefox 1.5.0.1 and went through the whole process again, but to no avail.
In the end I want a single boot linux box and this flash problem is going to be critical, as I want my daughters to still have access to their favourite web sites (such as barbie.everythinggirl.com) once I've gotten rid of the XP. Up until 2 weeks ago I had Kubuntu 5.10 installed on that same partition and had no problems of that kind at all. With the Kubuntu I had even managed to install Macromedia Flash on Konqueror, which is something else I don't seem to be able to do with Knoppix.
Any ideas/solutions anyone?
Similar Threads
-
By plazzmex in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-18-2005, 11:00 PM
-
By burningsun in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-20-2005, 09:37 AM
-
By mattrock1988 in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-28-2005, 02:10 PM
-
By Distro-Don in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-23-2005, 05:33 PM
-
By A.O.Q. in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-31-2004, 01:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00

Western Digital Gold 2TB WD2005FBYZ-01YCBB2 3.5" 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
$59.99

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99