Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Macromedia Flash doesn't work properly.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1

    Macromedia Flash doesn't work properly.

    I installed Knoppix 4.0.2 as a dual boot with Win XP. I've come across a problem with Macromedia Flash when browsing certain sites. The flash video comes across just fine, but the flash audio is just a series of beeps and screeches. I've tried installing and uninstalling from the repository using Kpackage and also downloading directly from the Macromedia web site and doing the install using Kosnsole and the ./flashplayer-installer command. The installs in both cases finish succesfully without errors, but with the same screechy sounding output when I try to access a site with flash. I even upgraded my Mozilla browser for Firefox 1.5.0.1 and went through the whole process again, but to no avail.

    In the end I want a single boot linux box and this flash problem is going to be critical, as I want my daughters to still have access to their favourite web sites (such as barbie.everythinggirl.com) once I've gotten rid of the XP. Up until 2 weeks ago I had Kubuntu 5.10 installed on that same partition and had no problems of that kind at all. With the Kubuntu I had even managed to install Macromedia Flash on Konqueror, which is something else I don't seem to be able to do with Knoppix.

    Any ideas/solutions anyone?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    36
    in my installation flash player works ok i can listen to highwaycountry.com radio just fine.
    firfox 1.5.01
    try invoking xmms and see if ur sound system work ok
    try reinstalling alsa arts kmix aumix
    there should not be a problem.
    u can try dpkg-reconfigure the sound packages
    also see in kcontrol if ur default sound hardware is set correctly. autodetect is best. u can try to set alsa also.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11
    I had the same problem, After I upgraded to firefox 1.5 it went away.

Similar Threads

  1. how can i install macromedia flash/shockwave player?
    By plazzmex in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2005, 11:00 PM
  2. Macromedia Flash Plugin Stopped Downloading
    By burningsun in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2005, 09:37 AM
  3. Uh...Macromedia Flash 7 support would be nice.
    By mattrock1988 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 02:10 PM
  4. Macromedia Flash Player
    By Distro-Don in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 05:33 PM
  5. Questions about macromedia flash player
    By A.O.Q. in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 01:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1690.40



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$452.53



Acer Aspire 16 16

Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished

$519.99



Lenovo ThinkCentre M70q i7-10700T, 2.00GHz, 16GB, 1TB, No Adapter picture

Lenovo ThinkCentre M70q i7-10700T, 2.00GHz, 16GB, 1TB, No Adapter

$239.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99