-
Senior Member
registered user
older versionsd of knoppix/kanotix
Anyone know of any sources for earlier versions of Kabnotix or Knoppix? I really need something which doesn't use GrUB as bootloader as the Com,paq Evo I'm trying to install on always produces GrUB errors. OTOH, DSL installs fine, but is way too limited for what I want (and I don't have Internet access on the that box).[/b]
-
Re: older versionsd of knoppix/kanotix

Originally Posted by
fingers99
Anyone know of any sources for earlier versions of Kabnotix or Knoppix?[/b]
The oldest Knoppix I have is 3.4, which version are you looking for ?
The Knoppix cd still uses isolinux as a bootloder and not Grub. Kanotix uses Grub.
If grub is a problem, did you try Lilo ?
Which version of Grub did you use ?
Is this a windows PMI, or a hd install ?
Cheers,
Gilles
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: older versionsd of knoppix/kanotix

Originally Posted by
ruymbeke
The Knoppix cd still uses isolinux as a bootloder and not Grub. Kanotix uses Grub.
Aha! I'd given away all my Cds of Knoppix. Only a DVD left and the Compaq only has CD. Ideally I'd prefer Kanotix, but I'm downloading 3.6 now.

Originally Posted by
ruymbeke
If grub is a problem, did you try Lilo ?
On the Hd install, yes (of DSL). But Kanotix won't even get to the prompt!

Originally Posted by
ruymbeke
Is this a windows PMI, or a hd install ?
It will be a HD install.
Thanks very much -- I'll give Knoppix 3.6 a try.
-
Re: older versionsd of knoppix/kanotix

Originally Posted by
fingers99

Originally Posted by
ruymbeke
Is this a windows PMI, or a hd install ?
It will be a HD install. Thanks very much -- I'll give Knoppix 3.6 a try.
If you can make it dos bootable, you could try loadlin.exe or grub.exe
either one should work to boot linux and in particular, Kanotix or Knoppix.
ftp://elserv.ffm.fgan.de/pub/linux/l...loadlin.exe.gz (ver 1.6c is important for kernel > 1MB)
http://sarovar.org/download.php/951/...-0.4.2pre2.zip (will contain grub.exe)
Good luck,
Gilles
Similar Threads
-
By Clinton in forum General Support
Replies: 17
Last Post: 04-06-2010, 06:36 PM
-
By jlspencer in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2007, 10:43 PM
-
By ilecx in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-16-2006, 04:40 AM
-
By maroje in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-14-2005, 03:49 PM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-26-2005, 08:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95