I have an HD install. The version of firefox is 1.0.6 I would like to upgrade it to 1.5 is there a simple way to do this?
I have an HD install. The version of firefox is 1.0.6 I would like to upgrade it to 1.5 is there a simple way to do this?
I will answer my own question.
Download the thing fom the firefox website.
unpack the firefox directory into /usr/lib
you will now have a directory /usr/lib/firefox
delete the link /usr/bin/firefox
open a root window type
cd /usr/bin
ln -s /usr/lib/firefox/firefox
you will then have a new link file to the new 1.5 version of firefox.
would have been the debian way...Code:apt-get update apt-get install firefox

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00