-
Having to apt-get every reboot?
Good day everyone,
Knoppix looks like it'll be a great LiveCD, and I've downloaded the CD version today. One question before I begin though.
One of the applications I require is Kopete. This is not included on the CD, so I guess I need to apt-get it in, which (I'm informed) will install it to memory. Now, I really don't fancy having to apt-get this every time I reboot my computer.
Is there any way around this? I can't install to the HDD, but I heard that it is possible to use my USB flashdrive to store the changes I make. Is this the case, and if so, is it a fairly easy process? I've looked around FAQ's and the documentation, but I'm afraid I haven't come across anything that has answered my question yet.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
-Smoothie
Similar Threads
-
By RobD in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-17-2005, 09:19 PM
-
By elax in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 08:14 AM
-
By guenze in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 07:31 PM
-
By newUser2 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 07:18 AM
-
By elbarto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 04:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00