Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Having to apt-get every reboot?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2

    Having to apt-get every reboot?

    Good day everyone,

    Knoppix looks like it'll be a great LiveCD, and I've downloaded the CD version today. One question before I begin though.

    One of the applications I require is Kopete. This is not included on the CD, so I guess I need to apt-get it in, which (I'm informed) will install it to memory. Now, I really don't fancy having to apt-get this every time I reboot my computer.

    Is there any way around this? I can't install to the HDD, but I heard that it is possible to use my USB flashdrive to store the changes I make. Is this the case, and if so, is it a fairly easy process? I've looked around FAQ's and the documentation, but I'm afraid I haven't come across anything that has answered my question yet.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    -Smoothie

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    135

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2
    Thank you very much, and apologies for not finding this myself.

    I've been giving Knoppix some thorough testing over the past few days, and it's simply incredible. I've never used Linux before, but this has blown me away. I think I might try Debian or one of its HDD derivatives next!

Similar Threads

  1. How is done ejecting CD before reboot?
    By RobD in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2005, 09:19 PM
  2. Reboot automatically
    By elax in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 08:14 AM
  3. Automatic Reboot
    By guenze in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 07:31 PM
  4. Not Saving Over reboot
    By newUser2 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 07:18 AM
  5. restart or reboot?
    By elbarto in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 04:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series picture

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series

$235.99



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99