-
Having to apt-get every reboot?
Good day everyone,
Knoppix looks like it'll be a great LiveCD, and I've downloaded the CD version today. One question before I begin though.
One of the applications I require is Kopete. This is not included on the CD, so I guess I need to apt-get it in, which (I'm informed) will install it to memory. Now, I really don't fancy having to apt-get this every time I reboot my computer.
Is there any way around this? I can't install to the HDD, but I heard that it is possible to use my USB flashdrive to store the changes I make. Is this the case, and if so, is it a fairly easy process? I've looked around FAQ's and the documentation, but I'm afraid I haven't come across anything that has answered my question yet.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
-Smoothie
Similar Threads
-
By RobD in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-17-2005, 09:19 PM
-
By elax in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 08:14 AM
-
By guenze in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 07:31 PM
-
By newUser2 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 07:18 AM
-
By elbarto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 04:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM
$199.00

LOT OF 4 SK Hynix 32GB DDR4-2133 PC4-2133P 2Rx4 Server RAM RDIMM
$640.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Lot of 8 SK Hynix 16GB DDR4 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RAO-10 ECC | HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF
$450.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99