WTF? Everyone stumped?
I'm using the Knoppix live DVD, with the fromhd=/dev/sd.. cheatcode and a persistent disk image. For some reason now when I try to open the control center the icon just bounces until it times out the nothing-not even an error messages. Also when I hit save knoppix config same thing happens. When I try to open the root shell it just flashes on the screen and vanishes.
Are there any troubleshooting tools for this on the DVD?
WTF? Everyone stumped?
You are having a memory issue. Whether it is a physical or logical problem, I won't even consider begining to diagnose without more specific information.
For starters, your exact boot command would be helpful as well as a description of your boot configuration. The relevent lines from dmesg would also be useful.
Berating us for our failure to help you after one day is not going to make you any friends. There is a wealth of information here in these forums and the knoppix documentation regarding your problem. Have you tried to help yourself?

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R
$341.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 96GB (6x16GB) DDR4-2400 ECC Server RAM 2Rx8 PC4-2400T (Lot of 6 16GB)
$564.00
Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 PC4-2133P M393A4K40BB0-CPB4Q ECC Server Memory Module
$150.00
16Kingston Server Premier 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM KSM26ED8/16ME OPEN BOX
$169.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55