-
CD being read
This is such a strange thing: When I put a new (data) cd in, I can hear the PC reading the contents. I then go to the CD symbol and try to open it and get the error message: ... the file or directory file:///mnt/cdrom does not exist.
I even tried manually creating the directory /mnt/auto/cdrom (which /mnt/cdrom points to) but the system didn't allow this (even though I was root).
I then tried to create a manual icon/link and found that, under device I could see /dev/cdrom (which had apparently been recognised) but once I had created the icon, I found that, when I tried to open it, I got "Drive could not be mounted. mount: /dev/cdrom is not a valid device".
This is so strange because Knoppix seems to have detected the drive and seems to be talking to it, but I cannot access it from the desktop or in the file system.
I'll trawl through my Knoppix manual again.
Regards,
Alan Searle
Similar Threads
-
By pagheca in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-03-2006, 11:55 PM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
-
By JoDaY in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-13-2003, 04:01 PM
-
By maxidea in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$76.98

NEW Lantronix UDS1100-POE - One Port RS232/RS422/RS485 to IP Ethernet 950-00169
$89.00

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50