-
CD being read
This is such a strange thing: When I put a new (data) cd in, I can hear the PC reading the contents. I then go to the CD symbol and try to open it and get the error message: ... the file or directory file:///mnt/cdrom does not exist.
I even tried manually creating the directory /mnt/auto/cdrom (which /mnt/cdrom points to) but the system didn't allow this (even though I was root).
I then tried to create a manual icon/link and found that, under device I could see /dev/cdrom (which had apparently been recognised) but once I had created the icon, I found that, when I tried to open it, I got "Drive could not be mounted. mount: /dev/cdrom is not a valid device".
This is so strange because Knoppix seems to have detected the drive and seems to be talking to it, but I cannot access it from the desktop or in the file system.
I'll trawl through my Knoppix manual again.
Regards,
Alan Searle
Similar Threads
-
By pagheca in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-03-2006, 11:55 PM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
-
By JoDaY in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-13-2003, 04:01 PM
-
By maxidea in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

HP 240GB Enterprise 5100 PRO 2.5" SATA SSD Solid State Drive MTFDDAK240TCB
$24.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Samsung 512GB PCIe NVMe m.2 SSD Solid State Drive MZVLW512HMJP-000L7 MZ-VLB5120
$51.99

128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia
$16.59

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

KIOXIA KBG6AZNV512G 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD — TESTED & READY TO USE
$58.99