-
Last version with a boot floppy
HI,
Will someone please tell me the last version of Knoppix Live CD that I can use a floppy for booting? Where can I download it?
I tried SBM and it does not work with my motherboard/cd-rom.
Thank you for your help!
Best Regards,
Joe O
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
That would be 4.0.2, assuming that you don't have the 5.0 release. But it's not the boot floppy with the Kernel on the floppy, the kernel has grown too large to fit on a floppy see answer #1 for information on how to boot current releases with a single floppy. By the way, yes I still do this on some systems and yes it still works.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
HI Harry,
Thanks for the reply. As I stated in my question, SBM does not work for me. XOSL requires disk space AND uses SMB to boot from the CD. That is why I asked for a release that still supplied the old fashion boot floopy.
Best Regards,
Joe O
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
joeo
Thanks for the reply. As I stated in my question, SBM does not work for me. XOSL requires disk space AND uses SMB to boot from the CD. That is why I asked for a release that still supplied the old fashion boot floopy.
I'm sorry Joe, I did miss seeing that SBM wasn't working for you. The Kernel has been too big for a single floppy for some time know and it will be hard to find a copy of Knoppix that predates that. Do you have any insight on why SBM isn't working on your system? Is the CD drive on something other than a standard IDE drive at the standard ports?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By E_Surge in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 12:45 AM
-
By Saenger in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:58 PM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By leolaw in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-31-2003, 06:07 AM
-
By Dan_Netwalker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

Apple Macintosh 9" B&W CRT 128k 512k Plus SE SE/30 Classic - Working. (260201 2)
$29.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

The First 1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K Model M0001 Set with Travel Bag VTG ORIGINAL
$824.50

Vintage Apple Macintosh Classic 128K Application On New 400K Double Density Disk
$26.99

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99

Apple Macintosh 9" B&W CRT 128k 512k Plus SE SE/30 Classic - Working. (260201 1)
$29.99