-
Last version with a boot floppy
HI,
Will someone please tell me the last version of Knoppix Live CD that I can use a floppy for booting? Where can I download it?
I tried SBM and it does not work with my motherboard/cd-rom.
Thank you for your help!
Best Regards,
Joe O
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
That would be 4.0.2, assuming that you don't have the 5.0 release. But it's not the boot floppy with the Kernel on the floppy, the kernel has grown too large to fit on a floppy see answer #1 for information on how to boot current releases with a single floppy. By the way, yes I still do this on some systems and yes it still works.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
HI Harry,
Thanks for the reply. As I stated in my question, SBM does not work for me. XOSL requires disk space AND uses SMB to boot from the CD. That is why I asked for a release that still supplied the old fashion boot floopy.
Best Regards,
Joe O
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
joeo
Thanks for the reply. As I stated in my question, SBM does not work for me. XOSL requires disk space AND uses SMB to boot from the CD. That is why I asked for a release that still supplied the old fashion boot floopy.
I'm sorry Joe, I did miss seeing that SBM wasn't working for you. The Kernel has been too big for a single floppy for some time know and it will be hard to find a copy of Knoppix that predates that. Do you have any insight on why SBM isn't working on your system? Is the CD drive on something other than a standard IDE drive at the standard ports?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By E_Surge in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 12:45 AM
-
By Saenger in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:58 PM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By leolaw in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-31-2003, 06:07 AM
-
By Dan_Netwalker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11
$699.00