Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: disk contents not appearing

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6

    disk contents not appearing

    After installing to the hd yesterday i tried to access files in my hard drives but none of the contents were shown when I accessed them, anybody have any idea what this could be?
    They were all working fine when I ran from the CD
    tia

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: disk contents not appearing

    Quote Originally Posted by jza
    After installing to the hd yesterday i tried to access files in my hard drives but none of the contents were shown when I accessed them, anybody have any idea what this could be?
    They were all working fine when I ran from the CD
    tia
    You will have to mount the drives first. ie in a console window as root mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 to mount your c drive. Then you will be able to "see" them. The drives on the cd are automounted on the hd they are not if you want them mounted at boot the edit the /etc/fstab and remove the # from the start of the line and change the noauto part to auto.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6
    i see, thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Unwanted Desktop Icons Keep Appearing
    By jimbo-62 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 07:02 PM
  2. installing program. icons appearing in kde menu
    By ykhov in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 05:11 PM
  3. How can I view contents of config.tbz?
    By pelican in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 05:27 PM
  4. How to manually edit the contents of configs.tbz
    By probono in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 05:31 AM
  5. How to edit the contents of .tbz file
    By probono in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 08:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$345.00



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2550.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$245.00



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00