HI,
Will someone please tell me the last version of Knoppix Live CD that I can use a floppy for booting? Where can I download it?
I tried SBM and it does not work with my motherboard/cd-rom.
Thank you for your help!
Best Regards,
Joe O
HI,
Will someone please tell me the last version of Knoppix Live CD that I can use a floppy for booting? Where can I download it?
I tried SBM and it does not work with my motherboard/cd-rom.
Thank you for your help!
Best Regards,
Joe O
That would be 4.0.2, assuming that you don't have the 5.0 release. But it's not the boot floppy with the Kernel on the floppy, the kernel has grown too large to fit on a floppy see answer #1 for information on how to boot current releases with a single floppy. By the way, yes I still do this on some systems and yes it still works.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
HI Harry,
Thanks for the reply. As I stated in my question, SBM does not work for me. XOSL requires disk space AND uses SMB to boot from the CD. That is why I asked for a release that still supplied the old fashion boot floopy.
Best Regards,
Joe O
I'm sorry Joe, I did miss seeing that SBM wasn't working for you. The Kernel has been too big for a single floppy for some time know and it will be hard to find a copy of Knoppix that predates that. Do you have any insight on why SBM isn't working on your system? Is the CD drive on something other than a standard IDE drive at the standard ports?Originally Posted by joeo
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99
OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236
$499.99
Lot Of Apple Cords And Accessories All OEM Genuine Apple Pencil, Magsafe Power
$109.99
Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99
Genuine OEM Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable for MacBook Pro Air
$8.99
Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$20.59
Genuine OEM Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter A1344 ~ FREE S/H
$12.99
OEM Genuine For Apple MacBook Air Magsafe 2 45W Power Adapter Charger A1436 NEW
$26.79
apple oem 20w charger usb-c power adapter
$9.99
$6.99