ahhhahah same problem here i u figure it out tell me!!!!
I am using auditor which is built on knoppix and I am having problems putting my MA401 into monitor mode.
here is what I use:
iwconfig wlan0 monitor mode
error message I get:
Error for wireless request "set mode" (8B06) :
SET failed on device wlan0 ; operation not supported.
ahhhahah same problem here i u figure it out tell me!!!!
there is a thread on this on linuxquestions.org
did it work for you?, if so what thread helped you?
Hello,
"su" to root and iwconfig eth* mode monitor should work for you.
So, in your case, at the command line "su" , then enter root password if any.
Then do "iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor" , note the correct syntax, and without colons.
Br,
MrBean

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD
$84.99
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95