Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Help the not very smart one!

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4

    Help the not very smart one!

    Hey something was wrong with my computer and everytime my computer was loading windows it would just go to a black screen and reset the computer. So I load up Knoppix version 3.9 and not really fully knowing what it does was pleasently suprised when a new chrome desk top popped up with mozilla firefox and everything I could need in life. Then I wondered where all my programs were that I used when my computer was working. Then through trial and error I clicked on the home icon and went to desktop, then clicked on a hard drive looking icon. Hurray my programs and everything were there! So first thing I try to do is play World of Warcraft. Since I could find no icon I just went to my program files clicked on WoW and clicked on WoW.exe which would normally run the program. Nothing happened... How would I go about using programs like WoW or any video game in general is this Knoppix program. When responding try not to laugh, I won't blame you if you do though. Help me I'm computer deficient and want to play WoW!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4
    Ok I think this may be a demo version of Knoppix 3.9 :'( Can anyone tell me a way I could delete this virus from my computer when I'm on Knoppix then be able to load my windows. *EDIT* it may not be a virus though, anyone have any suggestions I could use to fix my computer

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    122
    You need to acquire more basic knowledge about computers windows and linux are two completely different operating systems, the binary is compiled differntly on windows .exe files and linux (knoppix is a type of linux) executables, the file structure is different, etc. Google operating systems or go to wikipedia and search for operating systems. After you have done that, if you don't have a copy of windows xp on cd that you could use to repair your OS, google BartPE live cd, it can write to NTFS, and I believe can repair damaged windows xp files. I mean no offense but for your own sake, please read up at least on a basic level about the technology you are using probably every day this will help you and probably reduce the number of times system crashes like the one you describe occur.

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    I'm sorry, I guess that I didn't notice your subject line wen I made my last response. I've deleted it, see my answer #7.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Similar Threads

  1. Smart Boot Manager
    By proto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 12:06 PM
  2. Smart boot manager
    By proto in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 06:22 PM
  3. Smart Boot Manager
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 08:25 PM
  4. Smart boot
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:43 AM
  5. Smart Boot Manager
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 07:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS picture

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS

$8199.99



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch. picture

Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.

$95.55



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99