-
Senior Member
registered user
DHCP on specific IP address range
I encountered a problem with the DHCP IP address assignment on my setup.
I have 3 pcs connect to a wireless router. Two of them running windows xp using wireless connection. The last one run the knoppix 4.0.2. One of the windows Xp machine is always on for either downloading or running some internal programs.
The problem I have is by the time I boot up the knoppix machine, it sometimes will use the same IP address as the windows xp machine and causing the abend of the programs in the windows machine.
My router has the DHCP server in there and suppose to assign unused IP address dynamically to any PC connect to it.
I just wonder if there is any method I can control on the knoppix box when it asks for an IP address from the DHCP server and limit the range of IP address the DHCP server can provide in order to avoid the conflict of the IP address assignment.
For example, can I ask the DHCP returns me an unused IP address starting from a specific IP address range?
Rgds,
Chip
Similar Threads
-
By skrall in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-13-2006, 05:15 AM
-
By Mattr35 in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 07:46 PM
-
By J0hnP1pe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:08 AM
-
By bertocci in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 09:12 PM
-
By wooac in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Northgate OmniKey 102 Mechanical Keyboard w Cable PC Untested
$169.99

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Vintage VGA Ultra II Tseng ET4000 1MB ISA SVGA Graphics Card DOS 386 486 Retro
$100.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Lot 4 vintage Intel Pentium Ceramic Gold Pin 133Mhz CPUs untested bent pins
$59.99

Primax FaxSwitcher II FS100, VINTAGE WORKS
$40.00

Lot of 12 Vintage RAM Memory Sticks DDR2 DDR SDRAM Samsung Micron Hynix Crucial
$39.99

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00