-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
maxIT
I've solved this issue on the router-side instead of client-side.
I've an 11pc LAN network with static addresses: 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.20.
I've setted my d-link dsl500 router to assign dhcp range ip between 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.9, so if some laptop come in my lan it doesn't conflict with statics_ip_desktops.
Yes, this should work and is in fact the "last ditch fix" that I listed above. But the problem is that Knoppix or other live CDs also get the DHCP address this way. I find it is better for me if I know what IP address Knoppix is assigned. That way if I boot it on my Desktop I know it will be 192.168.0.100, if I boot it on my notebook I know it will be 192.168.0.103 and so on. This is particularly handy as I move between systems trying to resolve some networking issues, accessing one system from another by FTP or some other technology and what to be able to plug in IP addresses that are just natural to me, without having to move back to the Live CD systems and look up what IP address they got after their last reboot. Chip should be able to at the very least determine why the router is handing out duplicate IP addresses (if it even is his own router), and depending on the router may be able to use some router features to hand out IP addresses in a less than random way.
Similar Threads
-
By skrall in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-13-2006, 05:15 AM
-
By Mattr35 in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 07:46 PM
-
By J0hnP1pe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:08 AM
-
By bertocci in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 09:12 PM
-
By wooac in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM
$19.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00