-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
First of all, it sounds like your router may have a serious problem. It should not reassign the same IP address.
Second, are you absolutely sure that you are connecting to your router and not another router in the neighborhood?
Third, what make and model of router is this?
Sorry for the late reply. Got too much stuff to do at work.
1st Question: I absolutely with you Harry.
2nd Question: I pretty sure all the wireless pc is connected to my network as I can see it connects to the right SSID.
3rd Question: My router is a "Network Everywhere" model NWR04B. (I was told it is the same manufacture for the LinkSys products)
I did a detail reading on my router's manual and found that I can set the DHCP to return a range of IP address.
So here is what I did to avoid the problem:
1. Set the DHCP server to return the range of IP address starts from 192.168.1.100
2. Set both Windows XP pcs using static IP address: 192.168.1.90 and 91
3. The knoppix machine is using the DHCP dynamic IP addressing mode.
Now everything seems working OK. But I still do know what make the duplication of the DHCP IP address mode happens.
Also I encounter another problem too. I tried to make the knoppix machine to use static IP address and I did the following:
1. boot from the cd 4.0.2 with cheat code: knoppix nodhcp
2. from the console enter: sudo ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.92
3. from the console enter: sudo route add -net default gw 192.168.1.1 netmask 0.0.0.0 dev eth0
It all run successfully, I did a checking with the ifconfig and route command and find that it seems the setting is ok. The knoppix machine is identified locally and working OK. (i.e. can connect from the Windows XP machine via Putty and ftp)
But when I try to access any web page, (i.e. www.yahoo.com, www.hotmail.com) I got an error saying "Host not found".
I think I must be missing something on my setup steps. Anyone can help?
Rgds,
Chip
Similar Threads
-
By skrall in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-13-2006, 05:15 AM
-
By Mattr35 in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 07:46 PM
-
By J0hnP1pe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:08 AM
-
By bertocci in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 09:12 PM
-
By wooac in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive
$349.99

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95