-
Checking rumor! Hope You can help width....
I hear that exist some live CD distro which can run native Win32 apps
!
Is it true and which disto do that?
Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Wine & WineX is a set of libraries & programs that allow Windows programs to run under linux. Crossover office and Cedega do the similar things too.
The live CD distro Slax that has a KillBill Edition that was Wine built-in. It is up to v 5.0.8 as of today.
-
Thank You, UnderScore for reply!
Hope that I shall found some How to... or Manual or Linux for dummies
to figure-out
how that all works!
Appreciate Your reply!
-

Originally Posted by
RiS-fantom
Thank You,
UnderScore for reply!
Hope that I shall found some How to... or Manual or Linux for dummies

to figure-out
how that all works!
Appreciate Your reply!

This is Capt. Cautious,
Most good book stores have the "Linux for Dummies" Book which also includes a cd. While I'm not a beginner I really needed a basic refference for command structure and several minor things as I'd never had to deal with them before Linux. I MOST HIGHLY recommend this book. Enjoy and have fun w/ Linux
I Remain ~ In Service and In Health,
Captain Cautious
-
Senior Member
registered user
The Rumor is True
Just to give you a real world example, I installed CrossOver Office 4.01 into my Knoppix HD setup. I then used it to install Photoshop 7 into my Knoppix system, and I run PS7 flawlessly this way in Knoppix.
There are a lot of other Windows apps that you don't even need to install if you are dual booting Windows and Linux. For example both Windows Firefox 1.07 and 1.5 run pretty well under Knoppix via CrossOver Office when I simply click on the icons.
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By sacwb in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:27 PM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 06:31 AM
-
By ryans in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 10:16 AM
-
By reilord in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 02:26 AM
-
By ido50 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-31-2003, 04:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00