Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Checking rumor! Hope You can help width....

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5

    Checking rumor! Hope You can help width....

    I hear that exist some live CD distro which can run native Win32 apps !
    Is it true and which disto do that?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Wine & WineX is a set of libraries & programs that allow Windows programs to run under linux. Crossover office and Cedega do the similar things too.
    The live CD distro Slax that has a KillBill Edition that was Wine built-in. It is up to v 5.0.8 as of today.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5
    Thank You, UnderScore for reply!
    Hope that I shall found some How to... or Manual or Linux for dummies to figure-out
    how that all works!

    Appreciate Your reply!

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by RiS-fantom
    Thank You, UnderScore for reply!
    Hope that I shall found some How to... or Manual or Linux for dummies to figure-out
    how that all works!

    Appreciate Your reply!
    This is Capt. Cautious,
    Most good book stores have the "Linux for Dummies" Book which also includes a cd. While I'm not a beginner I really needed a basic refference for command structure and several minor things as I'd never had to deal with them before Linux. I MOST HIGHLY recommend this book. Enjoy and have fun w/ Linux
    I Remain ~ In Service and In Health,
    Captain Cautious

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    The Rumor is True

    Just to give you a real world example, I installed CrossOver Office 4.01 into my Knoppix HD setup. I then used it to install Photoshop 7 into my Knoppix system, and I run PS7 flawlessly this way in Knoppix.

    There are a lot of other Windows apps that you don't even need to install if you are dual booting Windows and Linux. For example both Windows Firefox 1.07 and 1.5 run pretty well under Knoppix via CrossOver Office when I simply click on the icons.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. I hope this isn't a stupid question
    By sacwb in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:27 PM
  2. netgear ha501!!! Is there hope???
    By xaviers2002 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2004, 06:31 AM
  3. An easy one (I hope!) for you guys
    By ryans in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 10:16 AM
  4. You're my last hope!
    By reilord in forum Networking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 02:26 AM
  5. Gnoppix question (Hope someone can help)
    By ido50 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 04:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch picture

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch

$749.99



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99



CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New  picture

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New

$1049.00