Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Connecting with an NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17

    Connecting with an NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

    New Computer - New Problems with Internet Connection...

    With my old comp down with what appears to be a failed motherboard, I am currently using a new E-machines T3304 - AMD Sempron 3300+ processor - 736MB RAM - 10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN that uses an NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller. Running Knoppix 4.0.2 - it boots up fine but no internet connection detected. Connection is thru a wired router set up for auto DHCP. Suspect I'm missing a driver or the like. Any ideas on what to try? Since Windows works with no problem I know the connection is good and could download a driver to a USB key to try if I knew what/where/how.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Decatur Il
    Posts
    17
    I have a GA-K8N51GMF-9 Motherboard with an onboard Gigabit NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller , and I had the same problem. I solved it by adding a PCI NIC card and rebooting.
    Knoppix 5.0 is supposed to be out soon , within a month , I hope
    Maybe it will support our onboard NICs ?

    If you do figure out how to load the Nvidia drivers , let me know !

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17

    Thanks for the reply...

    Maud,
    If you don't mind my asking, what brand and model PCI NIC card did you use? Since the other distro that I have been using - Puppy Linux - is also unable to connect I might take your route. It would be nice to be able to check for compatibility with my Puppy distro before I buy, as I have no idea when or if it might have the new drivers added/updated.

    Thanks,

    Alice

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Decatur Il
    Posts
    17
    Well , Alice "Any Old Nic will Do" LOL
    The term "OLD" is the Operative word here
    It takes a while for New Motherboard Hardware to get software drivers built into Linux , so I ran down to the local Store and bought the cheapest 10/100 PCI card NIC they had , and it worked just fine.
    I then ordered another GA-K8N51GMF-9 motherboard with an Opteron 165 dual core CPU and a $3.99 generic PCI NIC and it runs fine also !

    Let me check .....
    The local one was about $15.00 and a D-Link DFE-530TX+
    http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=122
    the on-line one was $3.99 and a Archtek UE1205RE 10/100Mbps PCI Ethernet Adapter 1x RJ-45 .... the price has gone up:
    http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16833128010

    But , really , any cheap PIC based 10/100 ethernet card will probably work , just stay away from the /1000 ( Gigabit ) cards !
    someone will GIVE you a 10T card to get you by , just ask around !
    Hope this helps !
    and thanks for the PM , It was my First !
    e-mail would have beeen faster tho

Similar Threads

  1. connecting to XP home networking
    By plcanonica in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 12:45 PM
  2. nvidia nforce mcp networking
    By isi in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 09:59 PM
  3. nvidia nforce mcp networking
    By isi in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 10:04 AM
  4. Post HDD Install Issues (sound, ctrl-alt-Fx, nforce/nvidia)
    By transami in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-14-2003, 10:50 PM
  5. Networking on MSI nforce 420D/nvnet Drivers
    By Kong the Medium in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2003, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD picture

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD

$149.99



ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX picture

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX

$59.99



ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$71.49



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW

$121.45



GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7 picture

GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7

$69.59