-
Junior Member
registered user
File Index
I have a hard drive install of Knoppix 4.0.2 that runs very smoothly. I am having a problem with searching for files in Konquer. I open Konquer choose Tools, Find File from the menu then put in the file i'm looking for and then I check use file index. I then get an error window popping up stating;
locate: warning: database '/var/cache/locate/locatedb' is more than 8 days old. I then click 'OK' and nothing happens. The warning window closes.
It's interesting because I always get the '8 days old verbage' every time I run this.
Has any one run into this problem? I do have the locatedb file in the proper directory... it's a binary file type. I'm trying to get this to work because file searches are painfully slow.
Thank you in advance!
Similar Threads
-
By mark.johnson in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 05:12 PM
-
By KnoppiXRuleZ in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 11:07 PM
-
By KnoppiXRuleZ in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By TheBman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 21
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 02:26 AM
-
By evilmrhenry in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99