-
help my start samba server - wont !
I hope this makes sense I am just a pleb learning the hard way
KNOPPIX
I managed to save to disk despite terrible warnings not to do it –
My knoppix
It boots from cd fine
BUT
I should as is with the cd version be able to go to penguin second in from the right hand side of icons
Click services >>>
Bottom of menu start samba server
It says do you want to show all drives to network and everything is yes and do it and fine
Then go to utilities
Samba network neighbourhood
And I see my windows machine Mshome and something called tlx net
Then I click on find networks on the window machine and it says something like Knoppix server
Click and all is fine there is Knoppix.
That all works from the cd version fine
But when I load the disk system ie the bootable hard drive all the options are there –
But Services >>> Start samba server >>> asks for root password and I enter it and nothing – just nothing, it does not appear with any screen just appears to forget what I asked.
May be the clue here IPTRAF does the same ?
BUT the network is seeing my windows machine fine !
I checked windows fire wall and yes it is set to see the ip address.
I have looked for Lisa Daemon and it is set or so I think
I am completely stuck !!!
Why does Samba Server not work on this version on disk ?
Similar Threads
-
By cct3000 in forum Networking
Replies: 12
Last Post: 12-22-2010, 02:30 AM
-
By lovetide in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2006, 02:42 AM
-
By ben1440 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-23-2006, 07:25 AM
-
By fester in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 04:02 PM
-
By XRAIDED in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00