Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: LILO "99" problem

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1
    I receive this error when my BIOS autodetects my disk drives. If I manually detect the drives and save them, I no longer get L 99 99 99...

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1

    New...

    I'm new to this, so I don't know how to change the translation to LBA or manually detect drives... I've got win xp pro and mandrake 9.2 on 2 different hdd using LILO to boot. The HDD are set as master and are on primary IDE channels (I have 4). Any follow-up would be greatly appreciated!

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1

    Re: New...

    Quote Originally Posted by Snaps
    I'm new to this, so I don't know how to change the translation to LBA or manually detect drives... I've got win xp pro and mandrake 9.2 on 2 different hdd using LILO to boot. The HDD are set as master and are on primary IDE channels (I have 4). Any follow-up would be greatly appreciated!
    To fix the L 99 99 99... all you need to do is change your mbr boot sector to the partition/drive with windows, or to the boot loader you are using. If you run, for say, the windows 98 cd and boot to dos and run fdisk /mbr and set it to the boot loader drive then everything will work fine. You can also use a system boot disk that has dos and fdisk on it.

  4. #14
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    83

    Re: Lilo 99 Problem and the way I fixed it

    Quote Originally Posted by Wylkroe
    I managed to fix my lilo 99 problem by downloading the 1st debian ISO image made a disk and booted to it typed linux and it brought me to the beggining configuration to install linux. As it ran me through the opitions I told it to accept the existing partitions swap etc... then it took me to the LILO configuration it reconfigured LILO with the OS's on my system including my knoppix HD install. Took the CD out and rebooted Lilo appeared with both my WinXP install and Linux.

    Without the L 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99. Phew. As for how to fix lilo without the Debian CD I do not know I am just a newbie. Just be careful when it comes to the Partition part you want to use your existing partitions "DO NOT ERASE AND RECREATE THEM!"

    the 999999999999999999 error means that your windows MBR was overwritten or deleted. Simply using the recovery console from a windows CD type fixmbr

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1

    Re: Lilo 99 Problem and the way I fixed it

    The "lilo 99" problem occurs, wen mbr damaged.
    this often happens if you set the main disk to a partition not the device.

    so if you set in lilo.conf somthing like boot=/dev/hda6 you'll get this error.
    set boot=/dev/hda instead and run lilo again
    or run lilo with -M /dev/hda with same effect.

    fgrep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. keytab-lilo returns "Keymap is empty" for many lan
    By steveO in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2004, 04:42 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2004, 11:15 PM
  3. lilo booting "file not found"
    By hickorynut01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-30-2003, 09:31 PM
  4. you will need to edit the file "/etc/lilo.conf"
    By pat reen in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2003, 02:13 AM
  5. "Foreign" drive formats and "dd" command
    By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech picture

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech

$747.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00