Quote Originally Posted by Wylkroe
I managed to fix my lilo 99 problem by downloading the 1st debian ISO image made a disk and booted to it typed linux and it brought me to the beggining configuration to install linux. As it ran me through the opitions I told it to accept the existing partitions swap etc... then it took me to the LILO configuration it reconfigured LILO with the OS's on my system including my knoppix HD install. Took the CD out and rebooted Lilo appeared with both my WinXP install and Linux.

Without the L 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99. Phew. As for how to fix lilo without the Debian CD I do not know I am just a newbie. Just be careful when it comes to the Partition part you want to use your existing partitions "DO NOT ERASE AND RECREATE THEM!"

the 999999999999999999 error means that your windows MBR was overwritten or deleted. Simply using the recovery console from a windows CD type fixmbr