-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
fatboy11
i never knew that lol. thanks for the info , maby ill just find an old small version of debain. i have a dvd burner but only a 1mb connection
You don't want an old version of Debian, you want to download a new version (I suggest etch, testing although sarge, stable is also acceptable but not as new) and then only install the parts you want. I suggest getting the net-install CD (about 100 megs) and then doing a net-install to get the rest of Debian as needed. The net-install with the "desktop environment" selected will install Gnome, later you can apt-get install kde if you want it (and all that comes with it). A 1 mb connection is not an issue; I have 1.5 meg download ADSL and have installed Debian several times by net-installs on different systems in the past few weeks.

Originally Posted by
fatboy11
i misspelled i'll as in i will lol
You really didn't do yourself proud on isent either. I'm certainly not one to play grammer cops, I make my share of typos. My point was I don't know what too big means to you. But since you have the DVD burner I would suggest that you do get the Games Knoppix DVD (GKDVD) and I would suggest that you download it by BitTorrent if you want to get a good download and do it reasonably quickly.
Similar Threads
-
By don999 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-13-2009, 05:01 AM
-
By Ursa585 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2006, 09:00 PM
-
By rivendels in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-19-2005, 11:44 PM
-
By OtterToast in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2005, 12:24 AM
-
By mabhatter in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-05-2003, 01:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99