Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Windows booting problem

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4

    Windows booting problem

    I am a Windows user and just recently my Windows was infected I presume by a virus that is stopping my Windows from getting past the booting stage. I have a Knoppix 3.9 live CD, I think there called, which I am using. Wondering if anyone knew a place where I could possibly download a free Knoppix compatible virus scan and protection program. So I can switch back to windows. If so, or if any other suggestions on what the problem may be and how I can fix it please post.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4
    I searched the forums trying to find an answer to my problem and found this;

    "I wonder if it helps you to know that Windows-xp has a repair function. If you run setup and press the right choices you can let Windows install itself in repair modus. I had to do this once before and it went very well, I got everything back. - Of course I don't want to give you any guarantee here because each case might be different, but even for a new installation, I would not expect Windows to overwrite application data - unless you choose re-format or re-partition."

    This is what I want to do, but when I enter my Windows Setup I have no idea which category has the repair function. If anyone knows the exact name of what I should click on please post.

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with booting Knoppix - error: windows file missing..
    By delfin13 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 07:09 PM
  2. PXE Booting Knoppix From Windows RIS
    By jason331 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 01:11 PM
  3. linux cds not booting, but windows are!!
    By karxix in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 01:54 AM
  4. Booting/Windows XP
    By tenlientl in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2005, 06:45 AM
  5. How do I run a Windows app after booting-up with Knopix?
    By pvsurfer in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2005, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$374.48



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00