Quote Originally Posted by shodanjr_gr
, could you suggest another model that would be easy to get working with Debian and/or Knoppix????
Sadly I can't. That is, I'm not comfortable recommending any card because many manufacturers have a bad habit of changing the chips used in their cards but not changing the card model number. For example Dlink had made many different versions of their DL-650 card. Some are said to work with Knoppix; neither of the two that I have do. You can check the wiki for more information, but I think it will come down to seeing what you can buy locally and then researching what can be found out about the products. And a store with a good return policy or who will at least let you try the card there before buying it might be a lot more important than the lowest price. Oh, and 802.11b support seems to be better than support for new faster cards. And an install-friendly version of Linux that you can add a driver to, if the driver is available, would give you a better chance of sucess than a live CD.