Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Cloop.ko...invalid module format

  1. #1

    Cloop.ko...invalid module format

    I've remastered my Knoppix 4.0.2 without problems, but now I'm working on putting in my own custom kernel. I've gotten the sources for kernel 2.6.15 and compiled it fine. I've also compiled cloop 2.0.2 and unionfs 1.1.3. Modinfo shows the version on both cloop.ko and unionfs.ko to match the 2.6.15 kernel. I've been able to fix any problems so far with the amazing HOWTOs that I've found here. Also, I changed my minirt.gz from initRD to initRAMFS.

    The problem I'm having now is when I go to boot the cd with qemu. It starts ok, but when it get to accessing the KNOPPIX cd, I get an "insmod: error inserting '/modules/cloop.ko': -1 Invalid module format." Can anyone help me with this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: Cloop.ko...invalid module format

    Quote Originally Posted by chowdah45416
    The problem I'm having now is when I go to boot the cd with qemu. It starts ok, but when it get to accessing the KNOPPIX cd, I get an "insmod: error inserting '/modules/cloop.ko': -1 Invalid module format." Can anyone help me with this?
    This seems to be cloop module problem. Are you sure you copied cloop.ko from /lib/modules/kernel_version/extra to /modules inside minirt.gz? What Knoppix version are you using? Have you changed cloop.o to cloop.ko in linuxrc or renamed cloop.ko to cloop.o? I think old cloop.o format (2.4 kernel way) was used in Knoppix 4.0.2 and new module format (2.6 kernel) was renamed to it.


    -tapsa-

  3. #3
    Hey, thanks. I already solved my problem though. At first I had forgot to make linux symlink in the minirt.gz file, but then I got an unkown symbol error with cloop. To solve this, I add a -O2 option inside the makefile for cloop.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by chowdah45416
    Hey, thanks. I already solved my problem though. At first I had forgot to make linux symlink in the minirt.gz file, but then I got an unkown symbol error with cloop. To solve this, I add a -O2 option inside the makefile for cloop.
    Hi chowdah45416,
    I got exactly the same problems as yours.
    Would you please show step by step how did you overcome it?
    Really appreciate.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    29
    I know this is from 2006 but ...

    Trying to replace kernel in re-master enviroment and am getting the same probem.
    Any help appreciated.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1

    cloop disagrees about version of symbol module_layout

    Hi all

    I am having a difficulty to pxe boot a KNOPPIX from Solaris grub.
    I downloaded knoppix 6.2 and configured all , the client machine try to pxe boot but goes to shell with the following error:

    14 914951 cloop disagrees about version of symbol module_layout
    insmod: error inserting '/mnt-system/KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko': -1 Invalid module format." : Exec format error

    couldnot mount /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
    #


    Any help appreciated.

Similar Threads

  1. LiveCD Boot Error (invalid module)
    By Mook in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 03:46 AM
  2. FATAL: Error inserting cloop : Invalid argument
    By wsun013 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 01:15 PM
  3. Invalid module format, Pentium4 vs preempt 386
    By Parcye in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 02:08 AM
  4. problem with cloop module...
    By Myrdhin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 02:54 PM
  5. Knoppix invalid compressed format (err=2)
    By Yorsh in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$119.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed picture

New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed

$466.65



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper SCBE3-MX Router MX-series Enhanced Switch Control Board picture

Juniper SCBE3-MX Router MX-series Enhanced Switch Control Board

$7895.00



New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty picture

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty

$895.00



Juniper Networks EX4300-48P Gigabit PoE+ Switch 4x 40G QSFP+ 4x 10G SFP+ 2x PSU picture

Juniper Networks EX4300-48P Gigabit PoE+ Switch 4x 40G QSFP+ 4x 10G SFP+ 2x PSU

$249.99



Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch picture

Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch

$164.98



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$345.97



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99