Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: White screen of DEATH. (Laptop install) Averatec 3120

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3

    White screen of DEATH. (Laptop install) Averatec 3120

    Okay, I have an Averatec 3120 (formally Sotec) laptop. ( www.averatec.com for specs)... anyway, I simply cannot get Knoppix (or DemoLinux) to run. As soon as it starts to load I get a white screen and it freezes. Now, I can use the command "Linux video=vga16ff" and it boots to the command promt fine... but no graphics for me. I have tried every command I could find, and read everything I could find... with no success. I am starting to thing I am stuck with windows on this new laptop. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. . .

    ps - It loads fine on other computers.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298
    Hmm, the Sis630ST 2xAPG seems to be supported by the kernel for the framebuffer device, as this doc states (first hit with Google). So you could try knoppix xmodule=fbdev. It should work according to that doc.

Similar Threads

  1. Averatec 3200 laptop & My own 2.6.9 kernel.
    By myjess in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 07:51 PM
  2. Black screen on a HP laptop
    By your_breakfast in forum Laptops
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 10:20 AM
  3. Knoppix 3.6: Icewm: Log out to the screen of death
    By beforewisdom in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 03:40 PM
  4. Yet again, problem concerning the black screen of death.
    By Veclord in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:13 AM
  5. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 08:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC picture

Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC

$73.00



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99