-
Qtparted problem
After reading an article in PC Mag about Knoppix I thought I'd take the plunge. I'm running the latest CD Live version of Knoppix. I am a total linux novice, but am reasoably experienced with PC's. I'd like to use qtparted v 0.4.4 to partitition my winXP ntfs primary partition, and am assuming that qtparted can do this. I get the root and launch qtparted:
su
qtparted&
It picks up my hard disk and gives me my primary partition info which all looks fine. My Primary partition is about 80G, I want to resize it to say 50. Change the size withg the slider and OK, no repsonse for about 30 seconds and I get a message saying "The NTFS volume has at least one bad sector". I am then not able to commit the changes.
I've run Gibson's SPinRite and my hard disk is clean. Am I missing something obvious?
tx splik
Similar Threads
-
By cvcc12000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-17-2006, 09:42 PM
-
By Chaos5lw in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-08-2006, 01:31 AM
-
By Newbie-100 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-11-2005, 10:57 PM
-
By Kowood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 09:20 AM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 01:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 9 i7-1185g7 32GB RAM 512GB NVME
$509.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99