Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Possible Knoppix Cheatcodes - enc and essid

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2

    Possible Knoppix Cheatcodes - enc and essid

    How about "enc=" and "essid=" cheatcodes for wireless encryption key and essid. If the Wi-Fi Ap has encryption turned on and I boot up Knoppix the wireless tries to connect and fails. I have to go into console and fix it. I don't know if this could comprimise security (the boot command line is listed in dmesg). Just something to make booting a little cleaner.

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Re: Possible Knoppix Cheatcodes - enc and essid

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Moor
    How about "enc=" and "essid=" cheatcodes for wireless encryption key and essid. If the Wi-Fi Ap has encryption turned on and I boot up Knoppix the wireless tries to connect and fails. I have to go into console and fix it. I don't know if this could comprimise security (the boot command line is listed in dmesg). Just something to make booting a little cleaner.
    Hello,
    This a good idea. It can most likely be done by tweaking the linuxrc
    inside a custom minirt boot ramdisk. Similar to the change I have done
    to customize the hostname from the kernel command line.
    I will try to think about it next time I will work on the linuxrc...
    Cheers,
    Gilles

Similar Threads

  1. Cheatcodes and Knoppix Lang=..
    By sinsic in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 04:31 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 10:58 AM
  3. WLAN config get lost ESSID and KEY
    By StefanR in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 08:50 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 10:42 AM
  5. Knoppix Cheatcodes
    By RE Dude in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 05:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE

$189.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



HP Samsung PM871b 2.5 SATA SSD 256GB Solid state drive picture

HP Samsung PM871b 2.5 SATA SSD 256GB Solid state drive

$29.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99