Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Possible Knoppix Cheatcodes - enc and essid

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2

    Possible Knoppix Cheatcodes - enc and essid

    How about "enc=" and "essid=" cheatcodes for wireless encryption key and essid. If the Wi-Fi Ap has encryption turned on and I boot up Knoppix the wireless tries to connect and fails. I have to go into console and fix it. I don't know if this could comprimise security (the boot command line is listed in dmesg). Just something to make booting a little cleaner.

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Re: Possible Knoppix Cheatcodes - enc and essid

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Moor
    How about "enc=" and "essid=" cheatcodes for wireless encryption key and essid. If the Wi-Fi Ap has encryption turned on and I boot up Knoppix the wireless tries to connect and fails. I have to go into console and fix it. I don't know if this could comprimise security (the boot command line is listed in dmesg). Just something to make booting a little cleaner.
    Hello,
    This a good idea. It can most likely be done by tweaking the linuxrc
    inside a custom minirt boot ramdisk. Similar to the change I have done
    to customize the hostname from the kernel command line.
    I will try to think about it next time I will work on the linuxrc...
    Cheers,
    Gilles

Similar Threads

  1. Cheatcodes and Knoppix Lang=..
    By sinsic in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 04:31 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 10:58 AM
  3. WLAN config get lost ESSID and KEY
    By StefanR in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 08:50 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 10:42 AM
  5. Knoppix Cheatcodes
    By RE Dude in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 05:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX picture

Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX

$14.99



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99