-
Possible Knoppix Cheatcodes - enc and essid
How about "enc=" and "essid=" cheatcodes for wireless encryption key and essid. If the Wi-Fi Ap has encryption turned on and I boot up Knoppix the wireless tries to connect and fails. I have to go into console and fix it. I don't know if this could comprimise security (the boot command line is listed in dmesg). Just something to make booting a little cleaner.
-
Re: Possible Knoppix Cheatcodes - enc and essid

Originally Posted by
Mr_Moor
How about "enc=" and "essid=" cheatcodes for wireless encryption key and essid. If the Wi-Fi Ap has encryption turned on and I boot up Knoppix the wireless tries to connect and fails. I have to go into console and fix it. I don't know if this could comprimise security (the boot command line is listed in dmesg). Just something to make booting a little cleaner.
Hello,
This a good idea. It can most likely be done by tweaking the linuxrc
inside a custom minirt boot ramdisk. Similar to the change I have done
to customize the hostname from the kernel command line.
I will try to think about it next time I will work on the linuxrc...
Cheers,
Gilles
Similar Threads
-
By sinsic in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-14-2010, 04:31 PM
-
By Zett in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-18-2005, 10:58 AM
-
By StefanR in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2005, 08:50 AM
-
By sventhebrit in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 11-18-2004, 10:42 AM
-
By RE Dude in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 05:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99