Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: need help with macromedia install

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6

    need help with macromedia install

    My favorite web sites are Nhl.com and Cnet.com and I have tried to install macromedia to watch videos and it is not working. I am using a knoppix boot cd. I'm trying to learn linux because I like to be different, and its fun to learn new things. But, this is really getting to me that I can't watch any videos.
    Questions
    1. could I install on a hard drive and use as my only op/system?
    2. Do I have to worry about viruses and spyware?
    3. What books do I buy to learn?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1
    ferretboy,

    I am brand new to Linux (just downloaded Knoppix last night) but I think I can help you get Macromedia Flash to work on your computer. Here's how I did it:

    1. Download the Flash Player here: http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/...ShockwaveFlash

    2. There should be an install .tar file in your home directory called install_flash_7_linux.tar.gz. Verify it's there and continue.

    3. Open the Konsole terminal program and type this: tar -xvzf /home/knoppix/install_flash_7_linux.tar.gz and hit Enter. NOTE: You may not have to type all of that - after you type knoppix and the forward slash (/), just type the letter "i" and then hit the Tab key and the rest of it will complete by itself.

    4. Step 3 basically extracts the files you need to install Flash Player and creates a folder. Now you need to change directories to get to this new folder (directory) by typing this in the terminal: cd install_flash_player_7_linux/. (Try the Tab key shortcut again after typing cd and then the letter "i".) Hit Enter and type this: ./flashplayer-installer and hit Enter. Again, you can use the Tab key shortcut after typing ./f

    5. Follow the prompts in the terminal.

    6. Go to nhl.com and see if it works.

    If you have any problems, I found the information here (section 4.5.1.2): http://linux-newbie.sunsite.dk/html/lnag.html#2.19.How%20do%20I%20upgrade%20a%20Linux% 20distribution?|outline

    Good luck,
    DiverDown

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6
    thanks I did manage to get it working. Now I just need the sound drivers.

Similar Threads

  1. how can i install macromedia flash/shockwave player?
    By plazzmex in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2005, 11:00 PM
  2. Uh...Macromedia Flash 7 support would be nice.
    By mattrock1988 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 02:10 PM
  3. Macromedia Flash Player
    By Distro-Don in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 05:33 PM
  4. Questions about macromedia flash player
    By A.O.Q. in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 01:09 AM
  5. Macromedia Dreamweaver like application for Knoppix?
    By dr_rude in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 06:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



USB 2.0 Flash Drive 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Thumb Memory Stick Multi Pack Bulk Lot picture

USB 2.0 Flash Drive 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Thumb Memory Stick Multi Pack Bulk Lot

$1082.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99