Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to bootup persistent home without message

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8

    How to bootup persistent home without message

    At startup but want to mount the image on my usb drive [ knoppix home=/mnt/sda1/knoppix.img ] . My problem is that know matter what I do I always get a message that pops that it found the image and do I want to mount it. If I don't do anything it doesn't mount it. So I have to tell it to mount it each time I boot. Babysitting the boot up is a real pain. I'm trying to figure out how to not ask me to mount it... like maybe some switch that means mount and don't ask if it is ok.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    czech rep.
    Posts
    19
    hi, i have the same problem. But i am not sure what i am doing wrong. I am using

    knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda2/4_0_2.iso myconfig=/dev/hda1 home=/dev/hda1/knoppix

    i tried to take my config from img, and also from home made by $ rsync av

    it loads the specific 4_0_2.iso with myconfig, but not my home. I am booting from 4_0_2 dvd. I also tried this from 3.9 , where the iso was also 3.9 from hdd.

    does anybody have idea what i am doing wrong ?
    thankx

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    czech rep.
    Posts
    19
    sorry, i placed it in wrong thread, it should be here
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23696

Similar Threads

  1. persistent home
    By alpha_geek in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 04:17 PM
  2. Persistent Home
    By staran in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 05:41 PM
  3. What can you do with persistent home
    By beausimon in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 03:40 PM
  4. Persistent Home Directory
    By jm47048 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 11:59 PM
  5. Persistent Home Resizing
    By xeerex in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2003, 08:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Dell Latitude 5420 14

Dell Latitude 5420 14" - Core i5-1145G7 - 8GB - 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro - WARRANTY

$276.35



Intel Core i7-11700T 1.4GHz Processor 8-Core Socket LGA1200 SRKNT picture

Intel Core i7-11700T 1.4GHz Processor 8-Core Socket LGA1200 SRKNT

$129.95



Dell OptiPlex 3070 SFF Desktop Intel Core i3 9th gen 8gb RAM 128gb NVMe picture

Dell OptiPlex 3070 SFF Desktop Intel Core i3 9th gen 8gb RAM 128gb NVMe

$79.99



AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4

$279.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$399.00



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99